2. Find a song that really makes you smile and play it now...play it now...play it now... (repeat as necessary) Ok...there are a LOT of songs that make me smile, but this is one of those goofy ones I just can't resist. And holy schickies, people, did Neil Diamond REALLY look that good???? I mean, I used to be a fan back in middle school or whenever it was before I discovered Gordon Lightfoot, but I don't remember him looking like THAT! Oy...deep breaths...
(Three hours later...after watching every Neil Diamond video on You Tube...holy schnickies...)
4. Watch something that makes you laugh...old I Love Lucy reruns...old SNL reruns...maybe this...
5. Have a collection of your favorite cartoon anthologies handy. My favorite is Bloom County.
Bloom County cartoon courtesy of mythologic.info
6. Snuggle your favorite furry creature. In the absence of said furry creature, a teddy bear will do quite nicely, unless, of course, you want your face licked. Technology is great, but they've yet to create a kissy teddy bear.
7. Go out to eat. Your favorite food at your favorite restaurant. Or have someone you love cook you a special meal. Comfort food, that's what it's all about.
8. Count your blessings. That's right, you know you've got 'em - write 'em all down! You can do it right now - I'll wait (while watching more Neil Diamond videos on YouTube...).
9. Take a long nap. Or have a good cry. Or have a good cry then take a long nap.
10. Remember, the sun will rise tomorrow on a bright new day - maybe the best one yet!