Ten? Really? I usually don't have a whole lot of stuff on my night table - maybe it's because my night table has two nice drawers that hold a lot of stuff. From left to right, here's what's on my night table:
- My glasses case. It's a cheap little sunglasses case I picked up at Target for a buck, but it has a cute floral pattern, and I like it.
- My alarm clock. Good grief that thing is old, but it keeps right on keeping good time.
- Just between the clock and #4 you can barely make out my tube of Burt's Bees Rejuvenating Lip Balm with Acai Berry. I'm not on the acai berry bandwagon, but this is the best lip balm I've ever used. I have tubes of it stashed in every room, my purse, and a few coat pockets.
- A lamp. Got these lamps at Lowe's a few years ago and really like them. It's hard to find a lamp short enough for me. Our bedroom is a finished attic, so the side wall you're seeing there is only four feet high. In fact the top of the headboard just about hits at the edge of the wall. These lamps fit perfectly without having to be moved way out to the edge of the table.
- If you look carefully, you'll see a little square thingy leaning against the right leg of the lamp. That's my white stone from the White Stone Ceremony at church. Written on it is my word, my focus for the year. I keep it there so I can be reminded first thing in the morning and check in with myself the last thing every night.
- Picture of Pete, taken on a trip to Adams County waaaaaay back at the beginning of our courtship. How far back? He still had that big, wild, musician hair, that's how far back!
- A votive candle that I almost never light. Lavender. Smells nice.
- A tin of Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle Cream. Love this stuff. It's in the top drawer right now.
- A bottle of Norfolk Lavender Roll-On Perfume. Sometimes, if I'm having a hard time going to sleep or am feeling unsettled at bedtime, I'll roll a little of this right under my nose so I can go to sleep enveloped in the scent of lavender (without burning the house down as the candle might do).
- Books. I love to read in bed. Sometimes I get a whole paragraph read before falling asleep. Then my husband puts the book on the night table when he goes to bed, and I take it downstairs with me in the morning.
Unrelated to night tables, but I want to thank everyone for your wonderful comments on my post about Austin's birth. I do want to clarify that, while I am old enough to be Raechel's mother (Thanks, Yaya...I'm blushing!), she and her sister are Pete's children from his first marriage, and they have a good mother who loves them very much. I'd like to claim them because they're brilliant and beautiful, and I adore them...but I can't.
Today, many of my blog and IRL friends are being slammed by bad winter juju. We're getting an ice storm here in Columbus. Funny thing...Pete's birthday is next week, and we almost always have either an ice storm or a blizzard (sometimes both!) right around his birthday. Wherever you are, stay safe, stay warm, stay dry...and keep knitting!!